Well, I took a couple of years off of my life today by eating some chicken fried bacon….but O was it good!
boy, has it been a long time since I last blogged. Taking over this church has been a joy…but a lot of work. There are some new things that I deal with that I have not in any other position over the past 15 years of ministry:
1) hitting it out of the park preaching every single week
2) weight of the spiritual health of the church
3) weight of the financial health of the church
4) continued casting of vision for the church
5) building a staff that oversees all the areas of the church
6) transitioning a church from a program based model to a more healthy model which is intended to simplify their lives while deepening all of their relationships
And all of this is just added to what I already knew and practiced about ministry….
My family is doing well but we are all growing up and having to make sure we are intentionally spending quality time together….